- The Hockey World Cup opening ceremony conveyed a powerful message of “oneness of humanity”
- Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and AR Rahman entertained the crowd
- India begin their World Cup campaign against South Africa on Wednesday
- The World Cup was declared open by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik during the ceremony, attended by all 16 captains.
- The spectacular fusion dance performances were choreographed by Shiamak Davar. He was joined by 1100 artists who danced to the tunes created by Ranjit Barot. It was one the highlights of the evening which left the audience spellbound.
- The show opened by the earth cracking and Madhuri emerging as Mother Earth, addressing the world at large as her children.
- Hockey World Cup 2018:
- Shah Rukh Khan had a special message for all the 16 teams participating in the spoting extravaganza.
- He even performed his famous ‘Sattar minutes’ dialogue from his film ‘Chak de India’.
- Speaking on her role in the theatrical production, Madhuri said, “I was absolutely elated in playing the central role in The Earth Song as I particularly identified with the theme of oneness and its universal appeal. Mother Earth is a powerful character and to rise as her at a world stage by way of a live performance was a challenge and a unique opportunity.”
Mother Earth | Official Opening Ceremony of Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup
A.R Rahman takes to the stage to sing the official Odisha World Cup Song!