MS Dhoni is one of the world’s greatest sportsmen originating from India. A professional cricketer, Dhoni has staged such an incredible career that many can only hope for. In addition to playing for the Indian national team, Dhoni has played for a number of domestic teams most notably, the Chennai Super Kings.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a Talented Indian Player. In 2006 he was proclaimed the MTV Youth Icon. He won this year’s ICC ODI player for two consecutive years, 2008 and 2009. He was also the recipient of both Padma Shri and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Prizes. He was a sports person with the highest taxpayer in India for 2012, 2013, 2014.
ODI debut – December 23, 2004, against Bangladesh in Chittagong.
Test debut – 2nd December 2005 against Sri Lanka in Chennai.
T20 Debut – 1 December 2006 against South Africa in Johannesburg.
Indian team – Asia XI, Bihar, Chennai Super Kings, Jharkhand, Rising Pune Supergiants.
Records: Under his leadership, the Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats: number 1 test placement in 18 months (2009-2011), ODI World Cup in 2011, Champions Trophy in 2013 and the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007. First Indian wicketkeeper batter to score 4,000 test drives. The only skipper has played more than 50 matches in all 3 formats.
Dhoni rapidly improved as years passed and by 2002, he was called to play for the India national cricket team aka India A squad. He now holds multiple captaincy awards including having the most wins by an Indian captain in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is. MS Dhoni will go down in history as one of the best captains the team has ever had. India for the first time topped the Test cricket rankings in 2009 thanks to Dhoni’s captaincy.
Dhoni ceased captaining the Indian national team in Tests in 2014 and in limited-overs formats in 2016 having assumed both positions at about the same time. In December 2014, he also retired from Tests. He has led India to a number of coveted trophies including the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup.
Like every successful athlete, MS Dhoni earns big from his passion for sports. His wealth has grown over the years and as of 2018, his net worth is pegged at about $170 million. Forbes in 2015 estimated that the cricketer earned $31 million in the space of their 12 month calculation period. One of the most marketable players in the world per SportsPro, a bulk of Dhoni’s earnings come from his endorsement deals. In 2015 he earned $27 million from endorsements while only $4 million came from his wages as a cricketer.
Like every wise athlete, Dhoni has business investments outside of his playing career. He is the co-owner of a number of teams across different sports. Some of the franchises he co-owns include; football club, Chennaiyin FC, and the hockey club Ranchi Rays.
He started a lifestyle brand called SEVEN in 2016. He completely owns the footwear line of the brand. MS Dhoni serves as the Vice President of India Cements Ltd. the owners of the IPL team that he plays for.
MS Dhoni Quick Biography/Wiki (Age)
- Full Name – Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Nickname – MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool.
- Date of Birth – 7 July 1981.
- Age (as in 2018) 37 Years.
- Birth Place – Ranchi, Jharkhand, India.
- Height in Feet-Inches- 5’ 9”.
- Weight in Kilograms- 78 kg.
- Eye Colour – Dark Brown.
- Hair Colour – Black.
- Nationality – Indian.
- Profession – Indian Cricketer (Batsman & Wicket-keeper).
- Schooling – DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi.
- College – St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi.
- Educational Qualifications – College dropout.
- Father- Pan Singh.
- Mother- Devki Devi.
- Brother- Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder).
- Sister- Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
- Girlfriends – Priyanka Jha (died in 2002) And: Sakshi Singh Rawat.
- Marital Status – Married.
- Wife – Sakshi Dhoni.
- Marriage Date – 4 July 2010.
- Children Daughter – Ziva.
- M.S Net Worth – $100 Million+ (600 Crore INR).
- Bowler: Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee.
- Favorite Cricket Ground: Lord’s Cricket Ground,(MCG), Melbourne.
- Favorite Food: Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs.
- Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham.
- Favourite Actress: Angelina Jolie and Deepika Padukone.
- Favorite Film: Agneepath and Sholay.
- Favorite Musician: Kishore Kumar.
- Favorite Color: Blue and Black.
- Favourite Destination: Sri Lanka and Goa.
Test ODI T20
Matches 90 318 89
Runs scored 4,876 9,967 1,444
Batting average 38.09 51.37 37.02
Top score 224 183* 56